Anger is a powerful emotion, but it’s not one you should carry with you through the day. Your first priority is to always control your anger and not respond mindfully, so as to stay calm. Anger can impact your health and hence, it’s key to manage anger. Often, a third person perspective can help you calm down and look inward when angry.
In order to help you when angry, here’s 16 motivational quotes to help you calm down and beat anger:
1. “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” ~ Jacqueline Schiff
2. “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in a storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” ~ Patrick Rothfuss
3. When you are at peace, you attract positive energy ~Sen
4. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee.” ~ William H. Walton
6. “Peace begins with a smile.” ~Mother Teresa
7. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” ~ Phyllis Diller
8. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” ~ Thomas Paine
9. “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
10. “Sometimes, it took seconds to control your anger, only to avoid the state of eternal feud.” ~ Toba Beta
11. “Resentment is an extremely bitter diet, and eventually poisonous. I have no desire to make my own toxins.” ~ Neil Kinnock
12. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ George Lucas
13, “Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ~ Gautama Buddha
14. “Anger is just anger. It isn’t good. It isn’t bad. It just is. What you do with it is what matters. It’s like anything else. You can use it to build or to destroy. You just have to make the choice.” ~ Jim Butcher
15. “No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.” ~George Jean Nathan
16. “I have many problems in life. But my lips don’t know that. They always smile.” ~ Charlie Chaplin
It’s important to arm yourself with anger management skills and learn how to control anger before it controls you. If you ever feel angry, give these quotes a glance in order to feel better. It’ll surely help you think before you react and allow you to take a pause.
Evolve’s guided audios for anger are designed to help you look inward and as a result, calm you down instantly!