Anxiety is something that causes us to worry and be overwhelmed with thoughts. It is important to be able to respond to anxiety wisely rather than react blindly. In order to overcome anxiety, it is key to find calmness within yourself and have a balanced mind and body.
Here are 25 quotes to help you beat anxiety and find a cheery and happier side to life.
1. “The human body is 80% water. So we are just cucumbers with anxiety.” – Unknown
2. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William Borroughs
3. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
4. “Whenever you feel tension mounting up, just smile: you will break the force of tension.” – JP Vaswani
5. “It’s okay to fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart and we still love them.” – Karen Salmonsohn
6. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
7. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
8. “Everything you have ever wanted, is sitting on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
9. “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Tolle
10. “Don’t settle: Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” – Chris Brogan
11. “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
12. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
14. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.”– Robert Eliot
15. “The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.” – John Green
16. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
17. “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.” – Charles F. Glassman
18. “I just give myself permission to suck. I find this hugely liberating.”– John Green
19. “The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.” – William James
20. “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.”– Aesop
21. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, she became a butterfly.” – Barbara Haines Howett
22. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
23. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
24. “If you’re going through hell keep going.” – Winston Churchill
25. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
It’s important to arm yourself with ways to beat anxiety, be it guided meditation or simple breathing exercises. If you’re ever anxious, stressed or in need of motivation, just give these quotes a glance. It’ll surely help you calm down and allow you to take control of your situation.
Evolve’s guided audios for anxiety are designed to help you reduce anxiety and find solutions for it.