Mindfulness is the art of staying in the present moment and focusing on your thoughts, breath or an object without judgement and distractions. It’s a great way of calming your mind and finding some calm amid the chaos. Practicing mindfulness can be done via meditation, or daily activities such as mindful walking, eating and even while drinking your tea!
Here’s 10 quotes to inspire you to practice mindfulness today!
1. “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” – Louis L’Amour
2. “In today’s rush, we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just being.” – Eckhart Tolle
3. “Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” – Sharon Salzberg
4. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
5. “Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
6. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
7. “Happiness, not in another place but this place …not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
8. “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
10. ” “What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favourite day,” said Pooh.” – A.A. Milne
Mindfulness is a great way to connect with yourself and look inward. Mindfulness allows you to be resilient, improves your immunity and gives you a small break. It’s a great way to step back and just be with yourself.
Evolve has a range of guided audios to practice mindfulness anytime, anywhere, and balance yourself within minutes. The Evolve app is now live globally on Android & Apple, click here to try for free!
Jash is an expert on mindfulness.